OPENING DAY 2020
Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic Opening Day has been cancelled. We are starting practices soon. Games start after June 14th.
southside little league covid-19 guidelines
Players, Managers, and Coaches
· Players and coaches should take measures to prevent all but the essential contact necessary to play the game. This includes refraining from handshakes, high fives, fist/elbow bumps, chest bumps, group celebrations, etc. After games, Southside Little League players shall line up outside the dugout and tip their caps to the opposing team as a sign of good sportsmanship.
· Players, managers/coaches, and umpires should bring their own drinks to all team activities. Southside Little League will have markers available to label drinks.
· If players bring reusable drink containers to the park, they will take them home daily for cleaning and sanitizing. Names must be on all containers.
· There will be no shared or team beverages.
· Teams will not share any snacks or food.
· Players and coaches are to refrain from spitting at all times, including in the dugout areas and on the playing field.
· Face masks may be worn, but it is personal preference to whether or not this is done.
Dugouts and Equipment
· Managers/coaches and players will be assigned spots on the outside of the dugout. The area from the bleachers to the dugout will be roped off so players can remain 6’ apart.
· Players are to stay in their assigned spots while waiting for their turn at bat.
· No player bat bags/equipment bags are allowed in the dugout. Player equipment will be spaced accordingly outside the dugout to prevent direct contact by other players.
· Southside Little League will minimize equipment sharing as much as possible. If equipment is shared, it will be disinfected before use by another player.
· Baseballs and softballs will be disinfected on a regular basis, at least every two innings, to limit contact by multiple players.
· Balls used in infield/outfield warm-up will be isolated in a separate container from other balls.
Parents and Other Guests
· Parents and guests are asked to stand behind the outfield fences during the games.
· Parents and guests are asked to bring their own chairs as the bleachers will be closed to everyone but players, managers, and coaches.
· Player, parents or guests should not come to the park for a game or practice with:
o Active COVID-19 infection
o Known direct contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19
· Please use social distancing and maintain at least six feet between individuals in all areas of the park. Face masks may be worn, but it is personal preference to whether or not this is done.
· Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Children will not be permitted in the bathrooms without a family member present. Adults are asked to disinfect the toilet, sinks and doorknobs after use so the area is sanitized for the next user. Southside Little League will supply the necessary cleaning supplies.
· Portable bathrooms will not be available this season.
· The concession stand will be open with a limited number of items to buy. All food will be prepackaged before sales.
· Neither sunflower seeds nor gum will not be allowed at Southside Little League at this time.
· No outside food will be permitted in the park.
· Social distancing guidelines should be maintained in the concession area.
Thank you to our Southside Little League families for adhering to these guidelines. Stay safe and healthy. We will get through this season and thank you for staying with us.